20.7.05

Yesterday, I bitched about my bad karma to a dear friend. Wasn't anything huge, just a general feeling that I'm nicer to everyone than they are to me. Then, I went home to my weirdo surreal wonderful kids, this beautiful and intelligent wife, a house, a job, a life, family in Oregon and California that loves me, the whole thing. Somehow, this failed to turn me into a grateful man with a big smile. I didn't get there until the Brewers came back from a 4-0 deficit to beat St. Louis on their turf.

This morning, as I was driving to work on Highway M through a rainstorm, a bolt of lightning hit about 100 yards from my car. So okay then, universe, I get it. No more bitching.

I have a lot to do today so not much from me. Just go appreciate something, even if it's just the taste of Edy's Fruit Bars, lime flavor although I also like tangerine. Also, crank up some P.Funk and take off an item of clothing at random every hour until you are happy.

No comments: