15.12.03

best of 2003 according to me: country music

ALBUMS
Anthony Hamilton, Comin’ From Where I’m From
Marty Stuart, Country Music (Columbia)
Michelle Malone, Stompin’ Ground (Daemon)
Sara Evans, Restless
Charlie Robison, Live (Sony)
Allison Moorer, Show
Pat Green, Wave on Wave (Universal)
Robert Earl Keen, Farm Fresh Onions
Brooks & Dunn, Red Dirt Road
The Del McCoury Band, Here Comes the Night

SINGLES
Gary Allan, “Songs About Rain”
Mindy Smith, “Jolene”
Bubba Sparxxx, “She Tried”
Montgomery Gentry, “Hell Yeah”
Martina McBride, “This One’s For the Girls”
Franky Perez and the Highway Saints, “Something Crazy”
Terri Clark, “I Wanna Do It All”
Kenny Chesney, “There Goes My Life”
Over the Rhine, “Show Me”
Brad Paisley, “Little Moments”

ENLIGHTENING COMMENTARY
um, later, maybe. this has been kind of like The Year Of Country Re-Introduction for me, but right now I'm pressed for time and inspiration. Go listen to your local c&w station for a while; there's good stuff there.

No comments: