18.10.04

I Got a Thing, You Got a Thing, etc. etc.

Okay: Miccio is starting his year-end lists, Matos shares a bunch of people's lists, I see where this is headed, I better jump in while the water's still hot.

We'll start with albums, no surprise there. I will be seriously considering the following records for my year-end list. I have not yet narrowed them down, as is my prerogative, nor will I be defending any of my choices yet. This is just to get them all down. If I took this a bit more seriously, I'd be making a whole new Blogspot page to do it...but I don't see the point, really. Anyway, here's the stuff I really really like this year, the block at which I'll be carving away over the next little while.

Bersuit Vergabarat, La Argentinidad al Palo (Es Que Se Lo Que Es)
Yolanda Perez, Aqui Me Tienes
Chingo Bling, The Tamale Kingpin
Joyce & Banda Maluca, Just a Little Bit Crazy
Allison Moorer, The Duel
Cee-Lo, Cee-Lo Green...Is the Soul Machine
Tanya Stephens, Gangsta Blues
Daniela Mercury, Carnaval Eletronico
Daby Toure, Diam
Rasputina, Frustration Plantation
Gretchen Wilson, Here for the Party
David Banner, MTA2: Baptized in Dirty Water: The Screwed and Chopped Album
Paulina Rubio, Pau-Latina
Twista, Kamikaze
Los Tigres del Norte, Pacto de Sangre
Mark Chesnutt, Savin' the Honky-Tonk
Petey Pablo, 2nd Entry: Still Writing in My Diary
Cris Aflalo, So Xerem
Teedra Moses, Complex Simplicity
Robi Draco Rosa, Mad Love
Gomez, Split the Difference
State of Bengal vs. Paban Das Baul, Tana Tani
Little Axe, Champagne and Grits
Big and Rich, Horse of a Different Color
Loretta Lynn, Van Lear Rose
Sam Bush, King of My World
The Hives, Tyrannosaurus Hives
Sergent Garcia, La Semilla Escondida
Usher, Confessions
Pepito, Everything Changes
Dani Siciliano, Likes...
Kanye West, The College Dropout
Gingersol, Eastern
Anne McCue, Roll
Skye Sweetnam, Noise From the Basement
Los Amigos Invisibles, The Venezuelan Zinga Son, Vol. 1
Domenico +2, Sincerely Hot
Straylight Run, Straylight Run
Heart, Jupiter's Darling
RESERVED SPOT FOR Charlie Robison, Good Times

Damn, I think I forgot some. Anyway, the first three right now are the only sacred cows of the bunch. We'll see what happens next.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Not more information about lord of the bling! Seems to be so much around and it makes me feel old not knowing it even existed until now. If you want to get your hands on some bling bling stuff. Try this site out lord of the bling